Careers / 12 Aug, 2020
Senior Java Developer
Arkivum is recognised internationally for its expertise in the archiving and digital preservation of valuable data across a range of industry sectors including life sciences, heritage and higher education.
Headquartered in Reading, with offices in Boston and New York, our customers rely on us to ensure the long-term security and accessibility of their data, regardless of volume, variety or complexity.
At Arkivum hard-work, commitment and a self-starter mentality all valued and rewarded, with genuine opportunity for career progression. We strongly believe we are a good fit for anyone looking for a career within a fast-paced, energetic and fun environment.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Senior Java Developer to join an Agile development team based in our Reading offices.
The role reports to the Director of Engineering.
Location: Green Park, Reading
- Assist in the design and implementation of cloud-scale software components to meet business requirements within a cross-functional Agile Scrum team.
- Help guide less experienced team members towards solutions.
- Take responsibility for the continuous smooth operation of the software; helping to troubleshoot issues, refine and enhance existing features and enable upgrading to new versions.
- Write unit tested, documented and peer-reviewed code.
- Work with Product Managers and QA to ensure software is high quality and meets requirements.
- Work with Scrum master and participate and contribute to all Scrum ceremonies.
Skills / Experience
- Spring Framework
- 5+ years’ experience in a role delivering software solutions to meet business requirements
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- NoSQL: Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr
- Jenkins pipelines
- Linux/Unix command line
- Restful APIs (JAX-RS or Spring MVC)
- Automated Testing: Selenium, Cucumber and restAssured.
- Agile scrum
- Angular UI
- Apache Kafka, RabbitMq or other JMS experience
- Keycloak, OAuth
- Maven, Gradle, Git, Jenkins