Careers / 28 Jul, 2020
Arkivum is recognised internationally for its expertise in the archiving and digital preservation of valuable data across a range of industry sectors including life sciences, heritage and higher education.
Headquartered in Reading, with offices in Boston and New York, our customers rely on us to ensure the long-term security and accessibility of their data, regardless of volume, variety or complexity.
Due to the sheer scale of new opportunities, we are looking to expand our sales team. This new role will work within a dedicated team at the front-end of the sales cycle.
As such, if you are hard-working, consider yourself a self-starter and are looking for a career within a fast-paced, energetic and fun environment, then Arkivum could be the company for you. At Arkivum, hard-work, initiative and commitment are rewarded and there is the genuine opportunity for career progression.
The Account Executive acquires new accounts and will be the lead point of contact for all customer interactions and related decisions. The role requires strong sales qualification skills, the ability to manage the sales process to close (including technical assessment) and expert negotiation skills.
This will include creating a business plan in collaboration with the extended team in order to drive new revenue, and to ensure customer success.
The role will report into the Arkivum Sales Manager. It is based in our Reading office in the UK.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive Salary + Commission (uncapped)
- Contributory Pension
- 25 days paid holiday per annum.
- Generate and close new pipeline across existing customers and prospects within your territory
- Provide a consultative enterprise sales approach through an extended sales cycle to consistently meet or exceed quota
- Demonstrate strong qualification and ‘discovery’ skills
- Provide accurate monthly/quarterly forecast reports as required
- Build pipeline, generating leads, in addition to qualifying inbound opportunities
- Conduct and manage the responses to RfP related to your prospects
- Manage sales process through strong qualification (MEDDIC) and use of CRM (Hubspot)
- Build pipeline, generating leads, in addition to qualifying inbound opportunities.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications
To be a successful account executive you’ll need:
- 1-2 years previous experience as an Account / Business / Sales Development Representative promoting ‘Software as a Service’ (SaaS) solutions
- Track record of achieving monthly and quarterly new business goals
- Ability to identify and develop new markets and help create marketing campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to listen, relate and influence decision makers across the organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Solid organisation capabilities to manage multiple opportunities (of different sizes) and customer requests concurrently
- Strong negotiation skills with win-win mindset
- A professional, self-starter – able to act on own initiative with drive and determination.